Cheating on Myself

Today was an important day - I had a big event, and I needed to make sure I was really "on my game".

With that, I wasn't sure what to do about my morning fast: do I stick to it, or do I "cheat"?

Over the past week, I noticed 2 mornings that I was somewhat forgetful and thought to myself: was that due to fasting? Was I experiencing this fuzzy-brain that is a result of lack of glucose? Or was it my normal forgetfulness, with more awareness due to the fast? ...or increased forgetfulness, but for other reasons (other outside stresses and distractions, perhaps)?

I wasn't sure if I'm more forgetful than usual or not. AND is that in any way caused by, or correlated to, fasting? So many questions... and no time to really sit and evaluate.

So I chose to "cheat". I ate breakfast (multi-grain bread with fresh avocado... at least nothing too "junky")!

I have mixed emotions about it. I want to be fully committed to fasting... but to what end? Who am I "cheating" if it compromises other pieces of my life?

Is this really "cheating" or is this just choosing wisely, based on the situation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Comfort Food

One Week and One Day