Rumbly Tumbly
As of week 2 of this semi-fast (usually 14-15 hours of fasting), I noticed a steady pattern, that my stomach would start to act up at around 13 hours of fasting. I had never experienced this before, and to my mind it was an indication that my body was starting to tell me that it's time to find nourishment.
Sometimes the churning would be so loud, I'd be concerned others could hear it!
It reminded me of reading about Winnie the Pooh whining about his "rumbly tumbly" and wanting to eat. I had never considered the true biology behind this concept, and it brought a smile to my face to think about this cute, round bear, when I'd feel these churns and grumbles in my middle.
Tomorrow, I begin my 4th week of this semi-fasting. This past week, the stomach grumbles somewhat subsided. Or, perhaps I'm just getting used to it?
Sometimes the churning would be so loud, I'd be concerned others could hear it!
It reminded me of reading about Winnie the Pooh whining about his "rumbly tumbly" and wanting to eat. I had never considered the true biology behind this concept, and it brought a smile to my face to think about this cute, round bear, when I'd feel these churns and grumbles in my middle.
Tomorrow, I begin my 4th week of this semi-fasting. This past week, the stomach grumbles somewhat subsided. Or, perhaps I'm just getting used to it?
Comments
Post a Comment